MN AWWA Water Utility Management Institute Scholarship
The Minnesota Section of the American Water Works Association (MN AWWA) awards up to six (6) tuition‑paid scholarships to individuals to attend the annual Midwest Regional Water Utility Management Institute (WUMI). The WUMI is sponsored by Hamline University's Center for Public Administration and Leadership and is supported by MN AWWA, American Public Works Association Minnesota Chapter, and Suburban Utility Superintendents Association.
To apply, complete the form below and hit submit
The Midwest Regional Water Utility Management Institute is a three day workshop held each March at Hamline University in St. Louis Park. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for their own travel, lodging and incidental expenses. More information on the WUMI, including dates and a workshop schedule, may be found at http://www.hamline.edu/wumi/.
Basis of Award:
- Preference will be given to applicants who have been an active member of MN AWWA for at least one year, or who are employed by a utility that has been a MN AWWA Utility member for at least one year.
- Preference will also be given to those who work for a community having fewer than 10,000 service connections.
- The scholarship will be applied towards WUMI tuition, including all materials, lunches and breaks during the institute.
- The recipient will be responsible for the cost of travel, lodging and incidental costs.
- In the event the Institute is canceled, or no applicants are found eligible, no awards will be given for that year.
NOTE: Payment for the WUMI tuition will be paid directly to Hamline University from Minnesota AWWA. Scholarship applicants should note they have applied for a MN AWWA scholarship on the WUMI registration form if they register before hearing the scholarship results.
Application Deadline: February 15