Below are some of the responses that have been generated through the Virtual Water Break Series. Thank you to everyone who participates and shares their input so that others can learn from it.
Week 1: Staying Connected During COVID-19
Poll Question: What is the primary thing you are doing to stay connected?
- Zoom, Skype, Go To Meeting or other online meeting technology
- Lots more phone calls
- More Emails
- Primary Response – ALL OF THE ABOVE
Discussion Question: What creative things have you heard of or are you doing to stay connected during this challenging time?
- My team has a Zoom coffee break at 9:30 a.m.
- It's not necessarily creative, but we're just sending a lot more emails to keep everyone on the same page. I work in a lab and we have been split into two groups. The emails keep everyone up to speed on what's going on.
- Interjecting humor and asking the same check-in questions that would be asked in the office in a group chat.
- We are having a 15-minute video call daily just to say hello to each other. As engineers, we don't always feel like we want these connections, but we are always happier after the call.
- HR created an e-mail group to allow those of us working from home to share photos of our "coworkers" (pets, children) and our office space.
- Learning how to do Skype meetings at work, Zoom gatherings with friends and family.
- Virtual happy hours, game nights, replacing sports brackets with song brackets.
Week 2: Working Together While Social Distancing
Poll Question: What video or online meeting software are you using in your workplace?
Week 3: Water Utilities and the 'New' Normal?
Poll Question: are your customer service calls increasing or decreasing? Or staying the same?