One AWWA Operator Scholarship
AWWA’s The Water Equation Campaign and the Minnesota Section of AWWA awards the One AWWA Operator Scholarship in the amount of $2,000 for water operator training and education. Up to three (3) scholarships will be awarded each calendar year.
To apply, complete the form below and hit submit
The scholarship award can be used for certification/licensure, two-year water related associate degree, technical school program, professional training program, books and manuals, and operator related conferences.
Each scholarship recipient will receive a one-year AWWA Operator membership.
- Applicant must be seeking to enter the water operator profession.
- Applicant must be pursuing an Operator’s License or Certification, two or four-year degree related to the water operator profession, or professional development.
- Disbursement of the funds will be made directly by the Section to the financial office of recipient’s college, university, or technical school.
- Items related to books, manuals, conferences, professional development courses, and other eligible expenses will be reimbursed to recipient upon presentation of eligible receipts.
- Applicant must reside or work within the geographical boundaries covered by the Minnesota Section of AWWA.
- Acceptance of scholarship constitutes permission to use recipient’s name and scholarship story for purpose of promotion.
- Applicants who are currently members of MN AWWA, or applicants who work for a utility member of MN AWWA;
- Applicants who are actively involved in the Section, (committee members, District or Section officers, conference presenters, etc.);
- Scholastic achievement (GPA);
- Applicants involved in student chapters, professional societies, research, and/or summer work in water-related fields.
Preference may also be given to applicants whose parents have been members of MN AWWA, work for a utility member of MN AWWA, or whose parents are actively involved in the MN AWWA Section.
Application Deadline: November 15